Sliders with Pasilla Chili Aioli
Makes 6 - 8 small plates
Try this tasty tapas recipe with Tapeña Garnacha.
• 1-1/4 lb ground chuck
• 4 oz thinly sliced semi soft cheese like Manchego
• Salt and pepper
• 3 medium tomatoes, sliced into 1/8" rounds
• 12 dinner size potato rolls
• 1 large dried pasilla chili, rehydrated
• 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, minced
• 2 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Combine chili pepper, cilantro, garlic, juice and mayonnaise in a blender. Process aioli until combined, set aside.
Divide meat into 12 equal rounds. Season the patties with salt and pepper. Heat a griddle over medium high heat. Cook a few patties at a time until they are browned on both sides. Melt a slice of cheese on top of each slider. Drain off fat as needed.
Fill each roll with a dollop of Pasilla Aioli, tomato and a patty. Serve warm.